Thursday, May 9, 2013

HTML Resource Three: Codecademy

The next resource I'm covering is Codecademy.  Codecademy is a pretty well known site as of now for being really intuitive and covering things in a pretty good and methodical manner.  Personally I find it to be a good, if a bit fast pace, more than CodeAvengers.  They also cover things for full stack development like Ruby, Python, and PHP if you think you might have a knack for the back end server kind of stuff.

When you get to the website, if you want to learn HTML, head up to the 'Learn' tab up top and go to 'Web Fundamentals'.  From there sections 1 through 3 are all HTML.  I didn't go quite as in depth on this one and didn't quite finish doing the tutorials, but from what I did, I really enjoyed it.  The pacing is pretty good and the examples are quite nice.  They don't have review sections quite like CodeAvengers does.  However, they do have full project type reviews after the main lessons which is just as, if not more, important to learning how to program.

Overall, I think that the breakdown and ordering of topics that Codecademy uses is better than CodeAvengers.  However, don't let that be a view that you pick up just because I said so.  Feel free to try everything and see what works.  Often times, I find myself picking things up long after I first learn them.  Just make sure you put in the effort and time and I think you can learn anything you put your mind to.  Until next time.

--CsMiREK

No comments:

Post a Comment