Friday, May 3, 2013

Step One: Resources

Step one in learning anything new is getting resources.  While some people like their books and swear by what books can teach them, I find that learning by book is really poor.  Don't get me wrong, books have their strengths, namely in organizing and structuring facts and knowledge.  However, they do a poor job of interacting and providing impetus to continue learning.  As such, I feel that any resource that does not give a strong level of interaction and satisfaction probably won't be good.

As for coding resources, I'm sure all of you can Google for 'coding tutorials' or 'html tutorials' or whatever the else you feel like typing.  But, I'll save you some trouble and give my own ideas about what these things do well and what they don't.  You'll notice that this month will have a lot of updates and that not all of them will be coding related.  I'll try to cover as much as possible and review as much as possible, but I'll put in some other stuff to break it up I promise.

If you want to get a heads up on what some other people think about the resources available and what it takes to be a coder, check out these links.  Ok, so the last one kinda sucks as it seems totally corporate, but I hope this month will be informative for you and I know I'll learn a lot.  I just hope you come along for the ride.  Also, fun fact, this is post number 42, woo!

--CsMiREK

No comments:

Post a Comment