Friday, May 10, 2013

HTML Resource Four: Treehouse

Time for the fourth in this series on HTML resources, Treehouse.  From a first look standpoint, I find that the site is mainly based off of videos.  Now, while I personally don't want to sit through videos, I think that many people do like videos and so I will continue to review it based on content.  While the site is a paid site, there are a lot of introductory materials for free that you can try out.

Personally, I'm actually not going to sit through this site but the projects do seem quite good and the videos seem like really good resources.  However, I will say that it appears that the site does end up going quite in depth if you're willing to pay and they have stuff all the way from web development to iOS and Android development.  So if you're looking to dip your toes into programming and are willing to spend that bit of money for pretty much lectures with instructional aid, this site looks like a really fine website to help you in your pursuit.  Going forward, I'm going to cover the basics of what CSS is and what its functions are.  After that I'll go over codeavengers and Codecademy for those.  Then we'll dip into Javascript/JQuery and again I'll cover some resources to tell you what I think.  Until next time I hope you enjoyed the posts.

--CsMiREK

No comments:

Post a Comment