Monday, January 21, 2013

Top Tracks - Cybernetic Mariachi

For reference, any post labeled "TT" stands for Top Tracks.  These posts go into some of my absolute favorite pieces of music and why I like them as well as how I came to find them.  None of these tracks will have links to the track but I'll try to make sure they're relatively easy to find on the internet.

'Cybernetic Mariachi' is a track by A_Rival on his album 8-Bit Pimp.  What strikes me most about the song is the use of 8-bit sound to augment a relatively good standalone song.  However, if that were the only thing that struck me, it'd be a pretty lame song as all the tracks on the album incorporate 8-bit sound.  Besides the nostalgic effect 8-bit sound has on me as a child of the 90s, the lyrics just work.  While comedic, they fit the style and overall texture of the song in a perfect manner.

While I'm not a huge fan of hip-hop and rap music in general, I find that given the right circumstances, all styles are interesting.  'Cybernetic Mariachi' is a perfect example of blending two usually disparate styles into something much greater than the sum of its parts.  I came across the song and album as part of the game music bundle, not to be confused with the Humble Bundle, and fell in love with it.  Check both of those out if you're a fan of video games or music and I hope you enjoyed this post.  Also, if you like the track, think about buying it from A_Rival at his site, the album is $3 for a digital download, $12 for a physical disc.  FYI, you can actually listen to this track for free from his site, as well as the entire album it comes from.

See ya next month, this is the last post for the month.

--CsMiREK

No comments:

Post a Comment