Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Musical Discovery - Alexander Rybak

More European music!  This time I'll be covering Alexander Rybak.  Alexander Rybak is a Norwegian singer best known for his song 'Fairytale', a common title to be sure.  Alexander Rybak came to the limelight as the winner of Eurovision 2009 as the Norway representative, think American Idol kind of.  As a musician, Alexander Rybak makes prominent use of his ability to play the violin in a virtuosic manner.  Other than that, it's kind of generic pop, not to say that's a bad thing.  Personally I like the violin in his first album along with the kinda corny lyrics, all of which are in English.  On that note, I didn't actually like his second album but I might just have to go listen to it again.  After all, musical tastes change over time and things you once hated you might find you love now for no real reason.  Anyways enough preachy pseudo-wise nonsense.  Sorry this post was short and late, although I wonder if the post will still have the 2:00 AM timestamp...(I actually posted this around 5) Who knows anyways take care and see ya soon.

--CsMiREK

No comments:

Post a Comment